Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lemon Loaf


Finished product.


Mess from trying to juice the lemon with out a juicer....I am open to better options, with out having to get a juicer, obviously.  I also ended up spilling some of the fresh juice, and having to get out my not so fresh juice...this reminds me of a Dr. Seuss book.  "...try Finny's Freshest Fish, French Fried..."



I do have a zester....but my lemon wasn't looking to good, I should have made the lemon loaf sooner.


This is the lemon loaf in the oven.

I was not impressed with this recipe.  I am WAY behind on blogging, and so I am not going to take the time to rate it and all that.  I will say that I had to use an entire bottle of poppy seeds, which were $4.32 a bottle!  And if you ask me, they recipe called for WAY to many of them.  All I tasted was poppy seeds, and not enough lemon.  Josh loved it, of course.  So, as you can see, the Artisan Gluten Free Flour Mix is a great mix.  It works just like regular flour.  We have yet to eat something made from it and think, "ewww" because of the textrue of the bread, or taste.  If I don't like the recipe it is because of something else.  Haha.  The Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking book by Kelli and Pete Bronski is awesome.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you weren't impressed - it looks DELICIOUS - looks so moist! Of course I still would've wanted to add butter :)

    ReplyDelete