Thursday, February 3, 2011

Costa Rican Slaw


Cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, beet, cilantro, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.  WOW!  I wasn't brave enough to try the beet, I admit.  And I accidentally put parsley instead of cilantro in it.  So, that affect the over all taste.  But over all, it was pretty tasty.  I really like cabbage salads.  I use to make an oriental cabbage salad with Ramon Noodles, but can't do that any more.  This wasn't quite as good as that, but it was still good.  It seems silly to go into much more detail (like rating it).  All the ingredients are fresh, so you can't really keep them on hand that easily.  And it is quite simple.  I used my food processor to shredded it all.  At the time I only had a tiny little food processor, and it was kind of hard, but  now I have a regular size one, and I don't think I would have a problem with it.

Just more proof that there are lots of different kind of things you can eat, even if you can't have gluten and dairy. Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking is a great book.  It has lots of diverse recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment