Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Corn Bread



Another home run from Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking!  If I could only make one bread, I would not feel deprived if this was it.  So delicious and satisfying.  It was also super easy to make.  Mix, pour, bake and wa-la!  Perfect corn bread.  We actually made this again when my mother was visiting, and we used Truvia sweetner, because she has sugar allergies.  She used a 1 to 1 ratio, and you are supposed to do 1 to .5 ratio.  But the cornbread was the BEST I have ever tasted.  It was so sweet and yummy.  So, if you want a sweet kick, double the sugar!

On to the recipe rating:

*Difficulty: 5 out of 5 stars

     
*Time: 5 out of 5 stars
     
*Price: 4 out of 5 stars
     A whole batch (9x9 pan) cost $2.62 .  If you get 9 pieces out of it, that is almost 30 cents a piece.  Not bad, for gluten free.  4 stars because the price is going to have to be MIND boggling good to get 5 stars.

*OHA: 5 out of 5 stars
     I totally had everything I need to make this.  And actually, this has become a very easy back up plan for dinner.  I can whip this up quickly, and add it to dinner, with ease.  Now, I just have to keep honey on hand.

*Yum Factor: 5 out of 5 stars
    Moist, sweet, corny!  Perfect!

*Over All Rating:  4.8 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment